1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FLORIDA STRAW POLL POSTGAME: I am now a Herman Cain fan.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There's no reason to believe this isn't an aberration. We know the base isn't happy with the picks, and I'm sure Perry was going to win until he stunk up another debate. Once that happened, the establishment let everyone know what they thought. This can't be read as anything other than a protest vote for now.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If by "those people" you mean colored, I see no red in Cain.

Or was that just another lame "Republicans are racist" rant because you have nothing else?

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Nothing else. Ha. That's cute.

Care to address why Cain's complete lack of experience is OK where Obama's was the seventh sign of the apocalypse?

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Amen.
    But I haven't heard nary a suggestion that this guy is from Kenya. Hell, the ones that got Obama in office were either moderate voters looking for hope and change (and not getting it by the way) and liberals wanting to make this country the US of Europe. The latter has lost the former, so Cain is the best hope of having a real American black president in 2012.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What lack of experience for Cain are you talking about? He's actually run something.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Right. Because running a shitty pizza chain is totally the same as negotiating foreign policy, for example.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

But it's the liberals on the thread that are racist, right?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You play to win the race.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"May I ask ... do you sincerely believe the things you've said?"

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Whenever this line of thinking comes up, my only thought is: This is just weird. And if you paid any attention to California last year, it was pretty clear that Meg Whitman had absolutely no idea how government operates and what her role in it would be. This is a highly respected CEO of one major tech company, who just got hired this week to run another major tech company, and she was completely flummoxed by the idea that she couldn't just tell state workers what they had to do and cut programs by fiat because she didn't like them; there was actually an approval process called Making Laws that tripped up all of her proposals.

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I see you got your talking points email. 37% do not make "protest" votes...but you already knew that.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Please, by all means, nominate Herman Cain.

Draft saved Draft deleted