1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FLORIDA STRAW POLL POSTGAME: I am now a Herman Cain fan.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Sep 26, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

After the weekend:

I think he's one hell of a charismatic speaker (matching Obama or better, in fact Obama has lost that edge since the last campaign), and this guy is a legitimate businessman who unlike Romney hasn't been tainted by public service.

But if either Perry or Romney get the nomination, they're idiots if they don't put this attack dog on the ticket.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Tainted by public service."

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This country has been doing a bang up job since the last guy who promised to run it like a business was elected.

And look, let's be honest. Cain may not be "tained by public service" (which I think is code for slimy politico on the take) but if damn near most of his staff isn't at least "tainted" then his political operation will go no where. Hell, Obama's staff has lots of experience and they still looked like amateurs. Can you imagine what it would really look like if the White House was full of amateurs?

Cain makes some good soundbites and all, but he would be a total disaster. And there's no way he would win. His mouth, which makes him a good attack dog role guy, would cost him the election, if his warped views on things didn't.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am voting for Obama, but if I was not committed Huntsman would be my choice from what I've seen so far.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I think Cain's the smartest guy in the Republican field.
    The problem, though: how will the righties who are outraged that one of THOSE people sits in the White House react to the possibility that another one of THEM might be on the GOP ticket?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wait, I thought Janeane Garofalo said Herman Cain was a plant so the republicans wouldn't all be exposed as being racist... :D

I did about a triple take when I heard that he won. I had never even remotely considered him as a viable candidate.

7. vicd

vicd Active Member

So is he more viable than the winner of the last straw poll?

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Since I doubt Herman Cain would hire anyone without private sector business experience to run his pizza empire, then why does he think he is qualified for being president without ever having won a single election?

Aside from generals, the two American presidents who managed to get elected without ever previously having won an election (Taft and Hoover) were both crushed in their re-election bids.

And I never bought into the idea that having no qualifications is a qualification in of itself.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hey, while running Godfather's Pizza, Herman Cain became fairly adept at churning out solutions that vaguely resembled the intended goal but satisfied nobody.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tainted by public service, the new Republican meme for the guy has absolutely no experience for the job. Obama's not qualifed! Herm is! Because he's not tainted!

Idiots.

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I suppose he's supposed to say, "Yep, I'm not qualified."

12. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Those on this thread bashing Cain are just racist.

Draft saved Draft deleted