1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida State Fan Goes over the line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OklahomaSports, Sep 14, 2011.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

At least the guy gave you two years.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

If they're in Tallahassee, they *really* got lost.

I'm still trying trying to track down the school's official apology for the idiot fan.

If that becomes a trend, there will be job openings at all big-time college football schools: Apology Writer for Stupid Fans' Comments.

If it spreads to other sports and pro leagues, there could be a jobs boon.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, but only because he wanted it to be a slow, lingering, painful death.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

If the fan had called Bob Stoops a f-----t, Oklahoma's G/L community would have been calling for criminal action due to hate speech. Is that worse than what this guy did? Nope.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I like how the article says the dude tweeted some Oklahoma player's sister should be raped and killed, but comparing the FSU defender to Timothy McVeigh was going over the line.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Ok.

Although not sure what a f-----t is. Fascist?

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Seriously, man, you need counseling.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure at this point that printdust is just a character pushing buttons.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Agreed. So are we next gonna write stories over youtube comments? God help us if we start trying to manufacture controversy every time some random fanboi dumbass gets offensive.

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I was wondering why someone did a story on what some random person was saying on twitter. Then I saw it was Oklahoma's student paper, and it all made sense.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

lolumad?@oklahoma

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, gang, I have an answer for you. And I'm surprised it has to come from an old guy.

You write a story on what some idiot says on Twitter because it's the talk of the fanbois. And if you don't write enough of these stories, your fan base is going to begin saying, "Oh, fuck the Daily Bugle. They never keep on top of what's happening."

There. That was simple.

Draft saved Draft deleted