1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida State Fan Goes over the line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OklahomaSports, Sep 14, 2011.

1. OklahomaSports

OklahomaSports New Member

Haha I actually wasn't. I'm a student. Just the common views of an Oklahoman. I see your point that this is just garbage, but there's gotta be a line somewhere, random crap on twitter or not.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Did the drunken idiot break the law?

I'm not following why the school would try to disciple the student

You can't regulate morality, but free speech is a protected thing.

Oh, and people outside Okalahoma *were* affected by the bombings. Just because it happened on your soil doesn't make it yours.

3. OklahomaSports

OklahomaSports New Member

When did I say that it didn't affect people
    Outside of Oklahoma? Pretty sure I said it was the second biggest act of terroism in our countries history. I'm not some ignorant asshole, though maybe I am for not realizing that the messenger would get ripped to more shreads than the dumbass who wished that Tony Jeffersons family would be butchered in front of him.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

This is the post I was referring to. You lay your own claim on the act of terror and pretend the bombing didn't affect anyone else.

If you think what the idiotic fan said is the worst thing ever, then you must be new to college football.

As someone said previously, if it's a player or coach, it's one thing. But from a fan, it's nothing. Considering the FSU-UF rivalries of old, it ranks more on the lines of something that'd take place on a Tuesday in May at any given bar in or between Tallahassee and Gainesville.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know what? I'm sorry for you and Oklahomans, but it sounds like, from a journalist's angle, you're a little too close to the story to be impartial with it. In fact, if you were a personal friend of Austin Box, I would hope you're recusing yourself from writing anything about the issue.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

No surprise. They're Floridians, or New Yorkers that got lost in the sun.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Country's.

Carry on.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bryan Stow and family probably wish Twitter was the worst kind of fan abuse he encountered.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words? Holy shit, those things can be fatal.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If stupid internet words make news, then SportsJournalists.com would be on the NY Times regularly.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

TWITTER!!11

FACEBOOK!!!111

SOCIAL MEDIA!!!111!!

Seriously: Not news. The mainstream media needs to stop reacting to everything posted on Twitter and Facebook. Lazy journalism, pure and simple. And that's not a shot at this particular reporter. It's the culture right now.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hear, hear, Whitman.

Draft saved Draft deleted