1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida Sports Writers contest results

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by EdReed, Jun 6, 2007.

1. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

I have some friends working in West Palm. On MANY days they out-hustle and out-think both the bigger Miami Herald and South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

I know they've talked about "playing up" in the contest. If the categories are reconfigured, they'll get the chance.

2. floridasun

floridasun Member

I think the judges decided to sit them out.

3. Miles O'Toole

Miles O'Toole Member

Not so much. Just knew him in college.

4. Good for Hotard. He can write his balls off. And I mean that in the best way possible. Between he and Dana Oppedisano, Naples has got two of the best young'uns in the state. Of course, I'm biased, seeing as I'm both of them.

But the fact that Ed Reed managed to finagle his way onto the awards podium speaks to just how unpredictable this whole process is..... (sorry, blue sarcasm font not working, damn computers.)

5. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Interesting posts and questions.

As a PBP employee and Herald subscriber (I live in Broward, and can't get the Post at home), I can see why the Herald wins out in design over the Post. The Herald tends to have a cleaner look and takes more chances with cutouts and inside displays. I rarely see the Sentinel, so have no comment on their section.

While the PBP covers are nice and the writing is excellent, sometimes the guts of the section looks a little cramped. The Herald tends to breath.

But I like em both.

6. Where did that young man go to college? Must've been a hell of J-school?

7. Miles O'Toole

Miles O'Toole Member

LSU

Draft saved Draft deleted