1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida Sports Topics Manager, Orlando Sentinel/South Florida Sun Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tim Stephens, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

OK, and your point is?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS SITE YOU WILL KNOW WHAT MY POINT IS. IF YOU DON'T CARE, GOOD FOR YOU...

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've seen the posts and again, what's your point? Is it to call attention to his opinion on something? We all have opinions.
    That doesn't have anything to do with whether he's qualified for the job. Maybe I'm missing something here but from where I sit, you have two friends. One likes Greg. The other doesn't and you have somewhat sided with the guy who doesn't when you say things like "it's going to be interesting." That's kind of raw Mizzou for a guy that you said you don't know. That's all I'm saying.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll leave it at this... I put up a post to a thread where people were arguing about the guy and someone took it down. That's fine... I don't want to piss off the moderators.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They weren't arguing about "the guy" and it had nothing to do with his reputation - they were arguing over his involvement in MY job search, a topic those participating knew nothing about and continued to argue anyway even after I made it clear they were wrong about how he handled things and that I welcomed his input.

6. GLee

GLee New Member

Thanks Mike for rehashing our conversation to set the record straight. I will never apologize for my beliefs.
    I look forward to my next challenge and working with a great team assembled down there.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

By the way, that woman you "strong armed" me into hiring is doing a fantastic job. Thanks for kicking my ass there, you made our section better!

Good luck in Florida.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Keep it moving folks. Nothing to see here. LOL

9. GLee

GLee New Member

This woman works so hard for you that this year we were on the road in the same city three times and she had no time to meet up with me! Good one there!

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The gossip on this site about individuals,their habits and qualities is unbelievable. Glad to be anonymous.

11. JeffRoper

JeffRoper Guest

Izzy Gould posted today that he has accepted a job with al.com, so I imagine his Dolphins beat will open up soon.

12. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

I'm sure Greg Lee can use his contacts to hire the next big thing for this big-boy job.

Draft saved Draft deleted