1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida receiver Chris Rainey arrested for aggravated stalking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember someone telling me that winning a national title will buy you a decade of job security at a school and the only two exceptions to that rule are Florida and Alabama.

If you think about it, that's almost exactly how long Fulmer lasted after his title and it might be the exact amount of time between Bowden's last title and his "retirement"

If Florida beats Bama next month, how many Chris Rainey questions will Meyer get? He's recruiting a bunch of thugs because he thinks they give him the best opportunity to win. The downside is when he has to deal with a situation like this a time or 30. :D

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Zing!

3. Mizzougrad96

Here's hoping they chant "Time to die bitch!" at today's game.

4. Mizzougrad96

Less than a month later, he's back at practice. I guess when you've already lost twice, they need him back.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Meyer said it was in the best interests of Rainey to get him around the team.

What a compassionate and caring man.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. Such a stand-up guy, that Urban Meyer.

7. Mizzougrad96

I would love for someone to ask Spurrier what he thinks of all the arrests under Meyer. Granted, Spurrier had to deal with Tank Black under his watch, but the players under Spurrier look like choirboys by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Doyel hits one out of the park on this topic:
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/14124413/meyer-shows-true-core-values-by-reinstating-rainey

9. Mizzougrad96

That's a tremendous column. That's why I love reading Doyel.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I was just about to link to Greggggggg's column. Pretty damn good.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was an excellent column... Meyer's a fucktard...

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Here's the problem: Florida fans were the first to pile on Bobby Bowden every time he had a kid who got in trouble and either kept on the team after some kind of punishment/suspension, or gave the kid another chance. Now, they're all weepy about Urban giving Chris Rainey another shot. I won't question Meyer's attempt here, but the Florida fans need to STFU the next time an FSU or Georgia players gets in trouble.

Draft saved Draft deleted