1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida receiver Chris Rainey arrested for aggravated stalking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Another headache for Urban Meyer.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2010-09-14/florida-receiver-chris-rainey-arrested-for-aggravated-stalking

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Are they sure it was not "time to diet?"

Joking aside, this guy needs some quiet time off the field.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Some actions aren't deserving of a second chance.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Time to revoke the scholarship. He admitted to sending the text and the girl said he issued another death threat on the phone. Send this kid packing back to Lakeland.

6. 93Devil

If they cared about the kid and not the football player, they would suspend him from the team and get him help through the university.

If not, he will just hurt another woman down the road if he is sent packing.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If he wasn't a player, he'd be getting help through the prison system. It's not the role of a university to teach people how to not stalk women.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Countdown to SN being banned from UF practices in 3, 2, 1 ...

9. mb

mb Active Member

[ncaa]But did he sell his uniform?[/ncaa]

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

What number arrest is this since Meyer started recruiting kids with "top 1% of the top1%" of character?

30? 31?

11. 93Devil

If you go to your HR department and tell them you are an alcoholic and need help that would involve the health insurance provided, I think they are required to help you. Unsure of the cost, but I don't think they can turn their back on you either.

It might be too late now for him, but just tossing him aside, if the courts don't throw him in prison, does not seem right to me.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Agreed. However, those are concerns for someone who actually cares about the kid. Most here don't. Most UF fans don't. UF coaches and AD staff might or might not, but I'm sure they care about their own reps more so that will control.

Draft saved Draft deleted