1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florence Times Daily?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by wheateater, Jul 13, 2010.

1. wheateater

wheateater Member

Does anyone know if the newspaper is the Times Daily or the TimesDaily? Thanks in advance.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I a lot less time that it took you to type your post. I googled and found out the newspaper is the Times Daily but the website is timesdaily.com

This is one reason sportswriting is so bad [/crossthread] ... lazy reporters.

3. wheateater

wheateater Member

Not to get pissy, but the reason I asked the question is because I DID google it. There are multiple references to it as "Times Daily" as well as "TimesDaily." While it certainly seemed like the consensus was two words, there was enough reference to it as "TimesDaily," not to mention it being written as one word in the copy I am looking at right now, to make me question that.

I posted this here because it seems like a good place to get it right from someone with direct knowledge of the paper.

I'm not a reporter, and I'm not lazy. I'm interested in getting my facts right. Sorry.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Two words

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

The references to TimesDaily (no space) were overwhelmingly website references.
    ABC listing is Times Daily

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Their house style is TimesDaily, one word. Now that they're not paying me, I would make it two words, as God intended.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One word on the masthead. Good enough for me. (And no city name in the title.)

8. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I'm thinking it is one word, as god intended

9. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

On a tangent, does the Decatur Daily still use "the DAILY" in stories when referencing itself?

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Because "the DAILY" looks more important than "the Daily?"

And it is TimesDaily, as God intended.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Let's ask Stewart Cink. Whatever he says goes.

:)

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Hey, a TimesDaily reunion thread!

Draft saved Draft deleted