1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flip Throw-In story (Please tear me a new one)

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by Money007, Mar 24, 2007.

1. If you throw the ball directly into the goal it isn't a goal. It has to touch someone first.

As far as the story goes, I liked it. I thought it was well done and if the flip throw is as rare as you claim for that area, I think it will make a nice centerpiece.

2. Money007

Money007 Guest

I completely agree buck. The whole "Lady" whatever thing gets old very quick. I just don't think I could get away with calling them the Warriors when their jerseys, parents, announcers, Web sites and everything else say Lady Warriors. But I am definitely with you on that argument.

Also, extensive first-hand knowledge of the area? Please tell me you made it out alive.

Thanks for all the other responses guys. This has been my first story post on this site and it has really helped.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How about ``launches'' or ``leaps''?

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Had a kid on my HS team who did it. It really is quite impressive how far the ball the can (that dude was a beast anyway, and he could throw it further than some of the guys could kick it).
    Anyway, i liked the story overall, but I got tied up in some of the quotes. It just seemed like using your words instead of the sources would have tightened it up and cut out a few extra words.
    That's just me.

Draft saved Draft deleted