1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flin Flon, Manitoba

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I don't know why, but the name of the town reminds me of the old Eddie Murphy sketch when he impersonates Bill Cosby.

"You cannot say filth, flarn, filth, flarn, filth in front of people."

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Tiger Williams, not surprisingly, loved going to Flin Flon (he's from Weyburn, Sask., and played for Swift Current). He knew that if he was going to make the NHL, he had to prove himself in places like Flin Flon.

He also said there were guys in the NHL during the '70s who had no business being there, but had made it for the sole reason that had played junior in Flin Flon. Jack McIlhargey was the one name I remember that he cited.

Tiger can speak with a bit of an authority on this, considering he also loved visiting the Spectrum and slapping around people like Jack McIlhargey. :D

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Boom hasn't been by here yet to offer his .02.

Stay Tuned ...

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not true......

What more could you ever need or want? :D

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

http://www.bakersnarrowslodge.com/dining.html

Face punching available

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

too slow to accept this offer...road trip and face punching!

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tickets-2-Floor-Tickets-Face-Value-Slayer-Megadeth-06-29-09-WPG-W0QQAdIdZ138700486

2 Floor Tickets Face Value - Slayer & Megadeth - 06/29/09 -WPG
    Price: $180.00 Ad ID: 138700486
    Visits: 14

Address: Winnipeg, MB
    Date Listed: 28-Jun-09

I have two extra tickets to the winnipeg stop of the canadian carnage tour on monday june 29th at the mts center. these are floor tickets and are general admission so you are free to get crazy without being stuck in your seat. i will be travelling from flin flon to winnipeg either sunday night or monday morning and will be staying downtown. i will be able to meet the potential buyer sometime on monday before the show wherever is most convenient. call or text me at 306 688 0991. thanks for your interest, richard

Draft saved Draft deleted