1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fletch Won news: Very disappointing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Apologize if this is a db, since I don't know how old this news is, but here goes...

According to imdb, Joshua Jackson (Mr. "Mighty Ducks") is now rumored to be playing Fletch in the movie slated to start production next year. That's right. Fucking Pacey from "the Creek." Ugh. We went from having Kevin Smith attached, fighting to get Jason Lee as Fletch, to the still acceptable Zach Braff... to Pacey. Oh, and Smith isn't attached to it anymore, either.

FAIL!

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm one of the biggest Fletch fans ever, and I won't see this movie regardless of who stars in it.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I might be the biggest Fletch fan ever, and so I owe it to John Cocktostin, Al Poone, and the 6-5 (6-9 with the afro) Lakers star to see it.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/40537/

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I never thought Fletch was that great, but isn't this a little like having Shia Laboef take over Indiana Jones?

7. Norman Stansfield

HARRY Poon.

It's Comanche Indian.

8. How's your nose doing, Harry?

9. Norman Stansfield

It's probably that petter-ass Hanrahan bucking for a promotion.

10. I always thought it was "pederast," but "petter-ass" works, too.

11. Norman Stansfield

God, I admire you.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kevin Smith originally wanted Jason Lee or Ryan Reynolds, both who would have been perfect.

But the studio wanted a bigger name and for some God knows why reason, Zach Braff was deemed that guy.

Fletch Won is the best of the books and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they do it right, but it's safe to say I'm not enthused by this casting news.

Draft saved Draft deleted