1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flavor Flav Roast On Comedy Central

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 12, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought this was the least funny of the roasts to date. The Denis Leary and Drew Carey roasts were superior, but Bea Arthur and the (Pam's) transparent top made the Pam Anderson roast watchable.

2. boots

boots New Member

Embarrassing on so many levels.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still have yet to see the Flav Roast, but there's no way it's worse than the Chevy Chase one...

4. Mizzougrad96

The best roasts are when the people roasting the guys actually like the guest of honor... That's why the Leary, Hefner, Carey and Foxworthy roasts were so great... The Anderson one was OK... The Shatner roast was pretty good, although it was well-known that Shatner had requested that there were a few topics that were off-limits...

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think the roasts are where the guest of honor actually deserves to be honored the most. The Jerry Stiller was a great one because people respect him. The same can be said for Drew Carey and Jeff Foxworthy.

The Pam Anderson one was only watch-able because of how much of a freak show it was. Flavor Flav? Why in the world is anyone honoring him?

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I have to agree. By far, Denis Leary's was the funniest roast to date. Hated Pam Anderson's.

7. Mizzougrad96

Just watched this one... Pretty bad...

Kimmel was OK... Giraldo and Lampanelli killed... Oswalt, who is usually one of my favorites, was way off his game... Everybody else was pretty awful...

8. SixToedMonroe

SixToedMonroe Member

I thought there were several great lines in the Flav Roast. Among them:

During Katt Williams intro of Brigette (sp?) - "Drafted by the Celtics in the 1970's, he was an integral part of the Celtics dynasty... wait, that isn't Larry Bird... that's a huge bitch... welcome Brigitte Nielsen, everybody"

Greg Giraldo: "Katt, you are like afrosheen... some white people have heard of you, but nobody knows what you do."

Giraldo also said: "Ice T.. you are so old, the first thing you bought with your record deal money was your freedom."

9. Mizzougrad96

The biggest problem was that rappers aren't funny...

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And that most of the roasters didn't know Flav very well.

On the Leary and Foxworthy roasts it was funny hearing the roastees get ripped for selling out. Just thinking about Leary's dog voiced by Gilbert Gottfried and the "priest" saying, "now I'm not a religious man"... made me laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted