1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flavor Flav Roast On Comedy Central

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 12, 2007.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Kimmel's Chris Benoit joke made it in the 2:30 a.m. version.

And how is that joke more offensive than "Flavor Flav is more responsible for homeless black people than Hurricane Katrina"?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I heard Benoit on the 11:30 showing I Tivoed that I'm watching right now.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Kimmel hit the Vick story, the Benoit story and Hurricane Katrina. I'm pretty sure he was just going for as much controversial stuff as he could.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Timing, I guess. Katrina's been two years. Benoit, at the taping, was maybe a month old. Had someone said "Flav's love life is as stable as a bridge in Minnesota", that'd probably be the big uncomfortable moment.

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I doubt anything is too uncomfortable for that particular group and that's probably a good thing.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I keep on thinking of his appearance on Conan. Is there going to be a Flavour of Love 3? I am already missing the antics. Muchmoremusic here in Canada are playing the episodes from 1 and 2 and you can never grow tired of it. But, if they do a third, keep New York away from there. She is a psycho freak job and she looks like a drag queen.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Perhaps someone should start an "Aristocrats" joke thread... :)

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hasn't flav had another kid since the last Flava of love? I know that on the last one he had six kids and wanted another... maybe delicious (or however he spells it) had one of his kids...

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well, we know for sure it wasn't Hoops...maybe he had a change of heart with Pumpkin or Krazy.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I watched most of it Sunday night. Brigitte was getting lit up by everyone. At one point, I thought Sommore was dead serious when she was getting her digs in on Nielsen, I started feeling uncomfortable. I thought Brigitte was going to cry the taunting and jokes were so raunchy and brutal.

The more I listen to Lampanelli, the more she starting to make me feel like I need to f*** her, just to get her to shut up.

It's ironic that Katt Williams' standup was on Secret Stash the night before (Saturday). That sumbitch is crazy.

The highlight for me was seeing Chuck D. He needs to do a few more appearances.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love Kimmel... You get the sense that he's there to have fun and doesn't take himself too seriously...

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We watched a while last night and fucking roared.

Draft saved Draft deleted