1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flavor Flav Roast On Comedy Central

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 12, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm not a big fan of Lampenelli. I actually find her offensiveness too annoying. She comes on way too strong for my taste, especially when she talks about her sex life; I want to know nothing about that.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Perhaps people don't understand the purpose of a roast. They're supposed to be wholly inappropriate. Maybe they're not supposed to be on TV. The "so-and-so fucks so many black guys" jokes and cursing and sexual content have become cliche and commonplace.

Kimmel's joke about Chris Benoit was the only one that made me cringe at the inappropriateness, and therefore about the only joke worthy of a roast. Again, these shouldn't be on TV, but the whole point of them is to be inappropriate.

Flav's joke on Snoop "it's not the first time you've gotten away with murder" was also a good one.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

uncensored version is on now....
    I lied... they bleep out pussy

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You're like afrosheen. Everyone's heard of you but no one knows what you do...

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I don't mind vulgar or offensive. Ask IJAG about the Trentonian headline I came up with for a murder victim like 10 seconds into a TV story about her death. What I mind is vulgar and unfunny. Most of the jokes in the roasts I've seen on CC (Pam Anderson, Shatner) are like the NC-17 versions of "so what's the deal with airline food?"

And they're not playing the uncensored version yet. Maybe the 1 or 2:30 a.m.1 showings.

1 -- Eastern time, the only time zone that matters

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Wonder if Bill Simmons had any input on the Benoit joke?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You slept with Flava Flav? You don't have Jungle Fever, You have Ebola...

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't mind offensive language; I think just about everything can be funny. I just don't like Lisa Lampenelli.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I tell you what, three months ago nobody outside the dork wrestling community would know Chris Benoit from David Benoit. And now a Benoit joke breaks out the "oh SHI" moment that a litanty of Vick/dogfighting, dick-sucking, tranny, slavery and Lisa Lampenelli jokes couldn't get. Who knew?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Never underestimate the power of a couple murders, a suicide and The Good Book.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And where IS Andy Dick? Did he finally become too irrelevant for this, the Hollywood Squares of the 21st century?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Carrot Top is there.. they dont need two of questionable sexuality.. .and Jeff Ross just rocked.... Calling Carrot Kathy Griffin... wonderful

Draft saved Draft deleted