1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flat-out bad parenting at the movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Maybe they'll watch our kids for us while we go to the movies.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Actually, I prefer to huddle my kids up around the computer and read smartass comments from contrarian blowhards.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

This isn't a parenting issue (well, someone's mamma messed up with them, but they were adults), but I went to see "Good Night, and Good Luck" at a theater in Charlotte. It was December 2005, my first time away from the Katrina dead zone here, so I was probably a little on edge, but these guys were tools. Went to the multiplex at whatever that big Concord Mills mall is and there was me in the back of the theater and these three or four guys who walked in during the opening. It was pretty obvious they were drunk. They treated the theater like their living room, saying what had to be every thought that popped into their vacuous minds. At least twice, I asked politely from the back of the theater to please be quiet, that I was trying to enjoy the movie. They quiet briefly, the resume. When the movie ended, I started walking to the front and asked them why they hell they kept talking during the movie. They said it was a stupid movie. I asked why they didn't just leave, that I was trying to enjoy the damn movie. They left the theater about 3 inches tall.

Yeah, I know, shoulda gotten the manager early, but I hate leaving the theater during a movie. Hate it.

4. Did your kid just type that? Tell him to quit his whining.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I felt like shit when I took my 3-year-old daughter to see "Bolt" for her first trip to the movies. The opening sequences had some violent stuff (cartoons, but violent), then when the girl and dog appeared dead in the last few minutes, my kid bawled like there was no tomorrow.

But what are you supposed to do? Even the animated flicks nowadays are edgy. I don't see how any little kid can go to the movies anymore.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, chief, you must work from home.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

his kids were on his lap.

8. CentralIllinoisan

wow, buddy, that comment might amuse me if written by just about anyone other than you; it being drenched in hipocrisy and all.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

How long do you go between cutting your toenails?

10. CentralIllinoisan

Depends how long between trips to the theater. I always trim the piggies at the cinema.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't see any other place as an option.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you're really taking a higher road here than you should, chief. you haven't made a single amusing or insightful post on this board since i've been a member.

in fact, i often wonder why you bother getting out of bed in the morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted