1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flat-out bad parenting at the movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Hard to be certain, but my best guess is 7 or 8. He was certainly under 10.

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Please help me understand why the size/weight of this woman has anything to do with her parenting abilities/decisions.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And did the waitress have an earring in her nose?

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Really? Out of all the shit that's said on this side, and that's what offends you? Wow.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Precisely. It's a detail that's not necessary, but adds an interesting image to the story...we *are* journalists after all.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

there are all kinds lantern, all kinds.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

(Based on the poster and the topic, I had a feeling I knew what movie this would be about. Do the research on Watchmen, parents. Not that tough).

Blair Witch Project, afternoon showing. Someone had little kids in there; one group left halfway through. Another left after the movie. Still unsure which of the crying kids heard in the theater were supposed to be part of the movie, and which were these youngsters brought in by idiot parent.

Passion of the Christ . . . 12:30 a.m. showing. Dual soundtrack provided by large man snoring behind us, and multiple little kids doing the same and asking questions, complaining about lack of popcorn, etc.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

really? there are parents who fuck their kids and their kids' friends, and adults taking kids to adult movies is what offends you most? wow.

out of all the shit ...

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Some of you have stolen my thunder a bit but a couple years ago I was at a weekend showing of Saw II and watched in shock as two parents brought their three kids. Ages? Well, by my guess, one was seven, the other five and the other two.

I sat there watching the movie in complete disbelief. Here's a film that features a dude getting shot in the face, another getting his throat sliced with a giant saw, a woman being thrown into a pit of needles, and a guy getting an ax to the back of the head and these parents thought "Hey guys! Family bonding time!"

If I were king, I would have a staff of people who sat through these types of movies and would take away any children these types of parents were dumb enough to bring in.

In the back of my mind, I'm fully expecting a news report in six years that goes a little along the lines of "18-year old boy accused of murdering entire family, claims he didn't know any better."

Oh, and to make matters worse, the two-year old was crying for the first third of the film. Luckily the mother took her out of the theater, but it wasn't until I screamed out "Hey, family of the year, you want to take your f**king child out of here and, gee, i don't know, not have them watch a movie this graphic!".

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yeah, I'm with you. Coraline was not for kids.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Hell, my dad didn't let me watch Gremlins when it was out. I was 11. He was 30.

I shudder to think where today's parents learned to parent.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The following MadTV skit is entirely appropriate for this thread:

Draft saved Draft deleted