1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flat-out bad parenting at the movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Mar 7, 2009.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I saw Watchmen tonight. That in itself is really not a big deal. Having an 8-year-old kid with his older sister and fat-ass, can't-walk-but can waddle mother right behind my girlfriend and me, was a big deal. I also found out that Little Junior Son of a Bitch was kicking my girlfriend's chair during the whole movie. Found out that little nugget when we left. Had I known that during the movie, I might be in the paper tomorrow rather than laying it out. Ironically, I nearly backed into the little bastard (accidentally) when he ran behind my new truck as I was backing out of my parking space.

Here's what I want to know. How fucking bad are you as a parent when you have your young son at a movie that has graphic violence, a graphic sex scene and blue wangus all over the place? And it wasn't like these were Watchmen experts. "I don't get it," I heard the dumb bitch say after the movie. Anybody that doesn't get "R" means keep young children away should have to give up their kids to child services. They have proven that they don't know jack shit about raising children. Fucking assholes.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm shocked, shocked, that there'd be such behavior at a movie theater.

Now, where's that picture of Claude Rains ...

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I went to see the current Underworld a few weeks back, and a couple came and sat behind me with their three year old. Kid's gonna have nightmares. Stupid parents.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I saw it last night and the violence alone should be enough to keep out any child.

Unfortunately, movie theaters can do nothing.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Nor should they. They allow parents to make the decisions for their child. If the child tries to go in by himself, then the movie theater can do something.

Being an asshole at the movies, different story.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I agree, but I also understand the other side of the thinking, that young children should not be allowed in these movies (a la NC-17) even with parents.

I used to have a heavy conscience while selling parents with toddlers tickets to movies like Saw or Hostel or 28 Weeks Later.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

blue wangus?

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

A woman brought what looked to be 6 and 8 year old boys to the screening of "The Wrestler" I went to. I hope the 6 year old enjoyed the staple gun scene.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'll bet he DID enjoy all the strip club scenes.

11. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Went to see Dark Knight last summer, and a mother and son were behind me. Kid got scared part way through and asked mom if they could go. She refused because she wanted to see the movie. Little while later, I see the kid leave the theater BY HIMSELF while mom stays until the end of the movie.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

So you're the one who sold to the parents who had their two 5-year-oldish kids behind me at Saw II.

Draft saved Draft deleted