1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flash's all-star team

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Now I'm way interested in knowing what the hell a buck gerbil is.

And I've never been to Aruba, but I know people who have been. And I hear it's lovely. But if I were going, then many people would love to be there too. I'm a fun guy to hang out with.

And why would someone else need to embarass me, when I do a perfectly fine job of doing that myself on a regular basis?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I assume it's a gerbil that ain't gonna put up with visiting Richard Gere.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Whoa. Were posts deleted here? Am I missing the attacks on spup on another thread? Either way, that was a fantastic way to start the morning.

Oh, and IJAG, excellent quip re: DyePack's death.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You know, sometimes people have reason for changing names on here. Job related and all? Listing someone's previous names is pretty close to outing in a sense. I frown on it very heavily.
    "Hey, get off SJ or you're fired."
    Uh, OK.
    Changes name.
    Someone then posts old names of new-name people.

Not always the case but if it is just once *** well, you get my drift.

And, Flash, why didn't you just say "the chat room crew?"

Cripes.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She probably didn't want her "chat room crew" to get confused with the "chat room crew" over on the NIAFL thread.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oops, glad you posted that. I'd never thought about posting old names of new-name people as a problem. I'd have had you frowning at me by now if I hadn't seen your post.

Now, can we all please behave and stop being asses to one another?

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Ding, ding, ding!

Thank you, Zeke.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thank you and thank you.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Ooh, Moddy ... I forgot Moddy. Dear, sweet Moddy, I apologize for leaving you off the all-star list. No one -- and I mean NO ONE -- can tear me a new asshole the way you have.
    I give you props for that.

But come on, seriously. You were flirting with me, weren't you? ;)

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

11. Flash

Flash Guest

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of something I read in Esquire last month, when they talked to Mark Cuban ...

"You can find any type of discussion group across the Net that is finite enough to make you a hero. It might just be three people, but in that group, you're your own David Koresh. And I think that gives people a false sense of wisdom. And I think that's kind of a hassle right now."

Draft saved Draft deleted