1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flashforward

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why would the FBI agent be getting a sonogram at 10:00?

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

She's busy?

Do we have any idea why the injured kid knows Olivia, since they didn't interact in the flash forward?

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

And why did Olivia's daughter know the boy? Must have seen him in her flash forward.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

How do we know that these flashforwards all happen at the same time? We know they're the same date, but how do we know it's all at the same moment?

If it's not all at the same moment, well, that explains how the injured boy would know Olivia without her knowing him. If it is the same moment, perhaps the boy and Olivia's daughter were hanging out in Olivia daughter's room and they could see Olivia on the top of the stairs looking at that man?

Does any of that make sense? ;)

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Same moment. One character's flashforward put him in London rather than L.A. and the time difference matched up precisely.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Maybe the boy's head injury somehow made it where he retains all of the memories that he had during the FF. In other words, he knows everything he knew in the moment of the FF.

That would also help explain the kid's sort of unemotional response when the dad told him the mom was dead. Because he already knew.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Maybe his autism has something to do with it.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

On the sonogram, doesn't mean she was in L.A. at the time fo the flashforward. She might have been in another time zone.
    The boy who was injured was autistic, I wonder if he still is. My best guess is that he isn't, not anymore.
    My biggest problem with this episode was that they spent too much time talking about what happened in the pilot. That happens a lot with second episodes, they kind of assume people heard about the pilot, but didn't see it, so lots of repeating.
    I still have high hopes. Nice ending with lady who always plays the Middle Eastern woman.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You know, I'm not going to put that lady's acting abilities down, but I don't see her having the range to play a high-class Southern woman with a southern accent any time soon.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OK, the thing with the talking alarm clock at the end? Freaky-weird.

(Yeah, so the whole ending was a bit freaky. Interesting bit of foreshadowing earlier in the committee hearing scene that at the time I thought was just one giant cliché.)

11. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I've watched the first three episodes online the past few nights after baseball. I think the one thing that's going to hurt this show is it's entirely way too much like Lost. People just don't have this much time on their hands to keep all this shit straight, even with a DVR.

That being said, I have enjoyed what I've watched so far, but like last year with the first few episodes of Fringe, I'm not sure I give a shit enough to keep watching. Lost, however, found a way to avoid that. It doesn't seem to me like ABC was able to make that magic happen twice.

I do like Joseph Fiennes is his role as the FBI agent/recovering alky. It's an interesting departure for him.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really liked the episode - it spun this thing in so many directions. Though I don't know if Fiennes character was drunk in his flashforward or when the flashforward occurred. I like that I don't know how all the puzzle pieces fit together, but I like the pieces. Peter Coyote is one of those actors who always brings a combination of gravitas and sleaze to a role, I hope we haven't seen the last of the female agent and nice to see that the Secret Service agent from the West Wing got promoted to head of the CIA.

Draft saved Draft deleted