1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flashforward

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 24, 2009.

1. tool_shed32

tool_shed32 Member

I agree 100%. I'm pretty pumped up for next week.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So is this a show I should Tivo and then watch three or four episodes at a time in marathon viewing sessions?

3. tool_shed32

tool_shed32 Member

Not a bad idea.
    I'm keeping mine instead of deleting because I'm sure this will be one of those shows where you miss something and need to review.

4. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

It definitely has potential. I'm curious to see where it goes. I did like the placement of an Oceanic Airlines ad in the beginning.

Though (sorry for the Lost diversion here), what does it mean that Penny and Charlie are in this show? I know it's the same network, but literally the entire cast of Lost is supposed to be back for the final season.

Edit: I do get the feeling, though, that this might turn into the next Heroes, where it has a really solid first season, and then there's no real direction after that.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think if I did that with Lost the last two seasons I might have kept watching. Some of these serial shows make it really difficult to follow where you miss one week and then you have no clue what's going on.

6. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Just watched it on Hulu. Pretty much knew everything from the previews, but thought it looked good nonetheless. The friendship bracelet and the surfer's father being the guy's wife's future lover was pretty wild.

By the way, where was Charlie? Was looking for him after reading that, never saw him.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I believe Charlie is one of the evil men. At least it looks like him in the Flashforward season preview that followed the episode. Maybe I'm wrong?

This show looks to be damn good. It works perfectly for ABC. Wrapup up Lost and suck people into another scifi - or is it syfy now? - show for the next three to six years.

Good stuff.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

So do the flashforwards themselves make what happens in the future? For example, the wife only meets her future husband because the kid is injured in a flash forward related injury, right? And the daughter I'm guessing only made the friendship bracelet because she was scared by what happened.

9. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

He was only in the "ahead on this season" thing after the show.

10. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Ah. I did not see that. Thanks!

11. It is too early to be certain, but it looks like this will be a damn good show. That was the best pilot I've seen since Lost. It will be interesting to see how well they can stretch it out, but so far, so very good.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I think the most intriguing thing about this show will be the most intriguing thing about Lost's final season. Fate or free will? Is your destiny certain or is it what you make it?

I like the idea for this show but I'm worried about the longevity of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted