1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flashforward

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 24, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

ABC reruns the premiere tomorrow night at 8 p.m.

Apparently the author of the novel it's based on likes the TV adaptation a lot.

So what did you see?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Hm, I forgot. Thanks for the heads up that it's on tomorrow.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Anyone see it? Is it worth watching? I'm always skeptical of knock-offs (i.e. this seems Lost-like; didn't work for The Nine very long).

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's not Lost (thank God) and it's not a knockoff (the novel it's based on was published in 2000).

I liked it a lot. I do wonder what the second season will be about. Seems kind of a one-trick pony, kind of like Twin Peaks.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I loved it. One episode in, and it's on my DVR season pass.

By the way, how about Seth MacFarlane of all people playing one of the bigwigs for the FBI?

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I liked it, interesting concept, but don't know how this can go on for more than one or two seasons.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I watched the first 20 minutes online last night. It set up nicely.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched it at the gym. One hell of a pilot. Good cast. Don't know how it will play out, but in addition to figuring out the who, what and why, it will also be interesting to see how people live thinking they know the future ....(Kobe Bryant gets hurt before the playoffs?)
    Also liked a lot of the little stuff, the kangaroo, the AA sponsor, Islands In The Stream...

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The Desperate Housewives ad on the side of the bus when FBI guy was talking on the phone . . . .

Loved it. There are questions as to where they go after April 29 (I guess that will be the cliffhanger), but they'll come up with something. The two honchos are Brannon Braga, who helped save Star Trek by writing some of the more interesting episodes of Next Generation (even if he was the king of the deus ex machina), and David S. Goyer, who I believe wrote Batman Begins. So until further notice (and forgetting Voyager), I trust them.

Lost was another one that made me wonder, "OK, how does this last? So they're on an island. Where do the plots go from here?" As for Twin Peaks, they never planned to reveal the killer of Laura Palmer. It was the ultimate Macguffin, that put everything else in motion, but was never supposed to be explained. Once they did, the show struggled. Where was Prison Break supposed to go after the break? It was still very good for one more season.

With this one, I would guess they have a plan. I look forward to seeing (and theorizing) where this is going. Great cast, great premise. This will be a fun ride.

First thought on the previews: Doctor Lady's Future Affair Guy is an agent of evil, planted by those responsible for the flashforward to disrupt the life of FBI Guy and drive him to drink as he investigates. But I don't think we're supposed to think anything else at this point.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm bummed I missed it. It should be up on ABC.com tomorrow at some point, right? I don't think I'll be able to catch it on the television tomorrow night.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I always get a little worried when I see one of these shows with a high-priced cast of former movie stars because I know if they don't get instant ratings, it'll be gone in three weeks. Anyone remember Ray Liotta's Smith?

I'll be watching this one tonight.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just finished it. Really, really good pilot, and it has major potential. There are a lot of ways they can go.

Can't remember the last time I saw a pilot and looked forward (pun not intended) to the next episode this much.

Draft saved Draft deleted