1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flash: Ann Coulter is a hateful shrew

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Ambush, hell.
    What do you call calumnizing a woman's dead son from a safe distance?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Coulter and Limbaugh, most prominently, never ever want to engage anyone in dialogue who isn't either a sycophant, a hand-picked strawman, or sitting on the wrong end of the kill switch.

Against anybody with two firing brain cells, Coulter in a live debate is like Carrot Top challenging LeBron James to a game of one-one-one.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I hate to quibble, but I don't think a strawman can be a real person.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No different than much of the political "discourse" that goes on every day on every cable news channel. To single out Ann Coulter is hypocrisy, you can spin it, try and dress it any way you want, it is hypocrisy.

And there is no question this was an attempt at gotcha -- but what's funny is none of the liberal cheerleaders on this thread want to acknowledge that Ms. Edwards was more interested in using her status as sympathetic figure No. 1 to form a bully pulpit than to engange in an actual discussion because she clearly and continually dodged every question or challenge Coulter threw back at her. That makes her a hypocrite too.

5. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Quoted for absolute truth. Anyone who thinks Ann Coulter is crass needs to listen to the Mike Malloy Show.

6. Coulter can't debate. She resorts to sarcastic comments and staring at the ground while mumbling. It's just not her thing. She can only spew through a megaphone. She won't be engaged or else she stutters and shuts down, like yesterday, or any time Matthews presses her and she constantly changes the subject on him.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Ann Coulter advocates the death of those that she disagrees with. That isn't discourse. There is no equal. She is in a realm of her own.

8. statrat

statrat Member

[​IMG]
    =
    [​IMG]

(That shrew looks pretty hateful to me!)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I disagree to a point, she's not the best at debating but I've seen her go at it pretty good and even own certain people, like what's his name Begola?, whose only approach to her is to know she is such a lightning rod and thus they try to play gotcha with things she might have said in the past that are irrelevant to the topic at hand.

10. Yes, there is no more unfair tactic than holding sociopaths to what they have said in the past.

11. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Hey, Paul "Begola" will stop at nothing.

12. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

"Stick around, I'm gonna bring out Begala's kids and shout at them! You're watching "Hah-Buh!""

Draft saved Draft deleted