1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fixing the Emmy's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I am surprised that Lost got snubbed again.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Agreed. The second half of the season was great.

3. Cansportschick

Yeah, I honestly thought that some acting nods would come this time for Lost. The second half was the most well written, exciting thing I have watched in a while.

24 getting snubbed for best drama in not a big deal for me. What is a big deal is the Sopranos getting a best drama nod considering the lack of creativity for the final show? I mean what the hell was that :eek:
    It was the biggest letdown and Emmy committee rewards it with a best drama nod. I am a fan of the show, but seriously...

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Am I the only fan of HBO's Big Love? I know all the other nominees there are great, but damn that's a good show.
    Will agree 100% on Weeds, a fine piece of art. Also have to give a nod to Dexter.
    This thread reminds me to catch up on a lot of pay TV.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Miss Isringhausen got hosed again.

6. part-timer

part-timer Member

Big Love is a very good show. Harry Dean Stanton's Roman Grant could be the creepiest character on TV these days. I think the problem for this year was it didn't start until mid-June as opposed to March last year. Maybe the voters took that into consideration.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Where's Lauren Garaham's Emmy? Or even a nomination?

8. Cansportschick

Gilmore Girls and Smallville always get snubbed even though the acting deserves some recognition. I think some shows honestly bribe the committee to vote for them.
    Isaiah Washington was on Extra last night and he said that he did not submit a tape to be considered for Emmy nomination because he did not enjoy himself last year and he also got in a fight with his wife because of the "nerves". Ironically, TR Knight is nominated this year for one.

Whatever happened between the two men fine, but Washington should have put in a tape because some of his finest work on Grey's was this season. He would have gotten a nod.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think Gilmore Girls always got snubbed on the acting because it featured brilliant (Lauren Graham, Kelly Bishop, Edward Hermann) alongside absolutely brutal (Alexis Bleidel, the dude who played Luke).

But, yeah, Lauren Graham ought to get some kind of lifetime achievement award for carrying every freaking scene she and Bleidel were in for seven freaking seasons.

That girl never really got any better.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Remove the apostrophe, and the Emmys are fixed.

11. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Indeed.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I got a good laugh when I saw that SNL's "Dick in a Box" was nominated for an Emmy for "Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics."

Draft saved Draft deleted