1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fixing the Emmy's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 19, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't care about all the categories, but here's my stab at some. Feel free to rip away.
    (Winners in bold)
    Drama series: Lost, The Wire, Rescue Me, Battlestar Galactica and Dexter
    HM: The Shield, Studio 60
    Comedy series: The Office, 30 Rock, Weeds, How I Met Your Mother and Monk
    Lead actor in a drama series: Hugh Laurie, Michael C. Hall, Denis Leary, Matthew Perry and anyone from the Wire
    Lead actor in a comedy series: Alec Baldwin, Zach Braff, Tony Shalhoub, Steve Carrell and Josh Radnor
    Supporting actor in a drama series: Terry O'Quinn, then pick one of each from Battlestar, The Wire, Rescue Me and The Shield
    Supporting actress in a drama series: CCH Pounder, Katee Sackhoff, Callie Thorne, Sarah Paulson (Yeah, I went there, suck it) and Fill in the blank
    Supporting actor in a comedy series: Jeremy Piven, Neil Patrick Harris, Rainn Wilson, John C. McGinley and Dule Hill

2. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

Sarah Paulson, really?
    Mind me asking why?

I really tried to love Studio 60, I just couldn't. and she was a huge reason why.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

The only thing I want to say is that Denis Leary is due for the best actor Emmy for Rescue Me.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If Gandolfini doesn't win best actor, they should shut that baby down.

5. Cansportschick

I'd still take Leary over Gandolfini but if Laurie wins it again, I am convinced it's rigged.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope Sopranos doesn't sweep all of the main categories, but it probably will...

I like Monk, but if I have to see Shaloub win for the 400th time, I will be nauseated...

I would love to see shows like Weeds, The Closer and Rescue Me get some love from the voters...

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You mean the Emmys aren't already fixed? ;D

8. Cansportschick

I am sure they are, but there is always that glimmer of hope it isn't. Wishful thinking...

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

To answer the question, the board has a lot of love for Sarah Paulson.
    Some on here think she's the finest actress of her generation and that Studio 60 was the best thing ever done on television. Hint first name is Mighty, last name is Wingman.
    Plus she's a hot lesbian, who played an annoying, conserative, born-again Christian in love with a drug-addicted Jew and his penis. Plus she pulled it off, that's some acting.

10. The lack of love for Friday Night Lights is astonishing.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sarah Paulson's gay and she DIDN'T get a nomination? I was thinking maybe FNL should have Riggins out himself to try and get some Emmy love.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I understand liking the underdog.... and Leary himself, but no one had more expectations heaped on him than Gandolfini. Subtleties galore with him this last season.

Draft saved Draft deleted