1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five years (heck, tons of marriages don't last that long)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I passed five years in late '07. I've always been a more passive type of person; I guess that's reflected in my post count.

I come back mostly because I have a handful of good friends here, people that have helped me out more times than I can count - in the job, in life, everywhere. Probably more than some non-descript small-timer could reasonably expect, to be truthful.

There's a certain churn of folks that come and go - like anywhere else in life - and sometimes I look up and wonder where everyone went. But the core of folks here are good, and that's what keeps me coming back.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What are our mores?

I've been here roughly five years, and have never met one person.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You taking roll call?

Present and accounted for, sir! ;)

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Quit trolling for wayward teachers and get out more!

5. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Five-and-a-half years on the board(s) and I'm barely into four figures of posts. Damn, I hate it when work gets in the way of what's important.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We're like crack. You think you can just do it once and then . . . bam! :D

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's because we're good at avoidance. And you had a chance to meet someone, but nooo, Penn Station was below you, apparently.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I keep coming back because this place is uniquely tailored to my weirdness.

And there's a helluva lot of fine folks here too.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

At least those of us in first class, Bubs.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think last Thursday proved that. :D

I got here in October 2002, a few months after I got married. Had I found this place first, I probably wouldn't be married. Now my wife is stuck with me.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Is she good looking? Maybe it's time for someone (me) to unstuck her while you ease your way to 50,000 posts over the next 3 months.

12. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I joined the previous incarnation of SportsJournalists.com back in 2002, when the Wally Matthews thing broke.

I'm not the regular that most of you are -- I lurk more than post, and I don't check more than once a day -- but I've enjoyed being a part of this community for the last six years or so. It's a fun group and I keep coming back for more. I think it's because I like the sense of humor and people on here.

Draft saved Draft deleted