1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five years ago today ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-Backs Hack, May 1, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Political punchlines out of caskets. Stay classy, boys.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

But we had a reason to go there...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Why don't you take that one up with the Commander-in-Chief who is responsible for all those caskets?

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I have all these memories of Bush going to war based upon half-truths. I recall people saying his speeches were trumped-up and that he decided to turn rumors and suspicions into undeniable facts. That's what I remember. But damn. I'm not about to dig up that stuff. If you still can't distinguish the truth from hundreds of blatant lies, fuck you. Wake the fuck up.

5. Far be it from me to discuss cause and effect.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/01/poll-bush-most-unpopular-in-modern-history/

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Modern might need to be removed from that headline.

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

And what's McCain running on? His unending support of the war? OK.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's almost like Bush got bored playing SimCity after a while and decided to hit all the disaster buttons and do everything the wrong way just to see how bad he could screw things up.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

because that sonuvabitch is trying to save us fucking liberals from ourselves ... and killing off a monstrous amount of lower middle class individuals in the process while his buddies continue to get ever more rich, but that's beside the point.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Class? Fredo and The Penguin could pick up on it -- if you spotted 'em the C and the L. They know the rest of it. They look at it in the mirror, every day.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And I remember the seven friends I've lost there. And the 20, or so, who are there now. EVERY DAY. You want to make an argument against the war. Fine. Find another one.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Soldiers dying in a war that should have never been fought isn't a viable argument?

Draft saved Draft deleted