1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five years ago today ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-Backs Hack, May 1, 2008.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Asshole. That's not your job.

Always funny nonetheless!

2. I'm as big an anti-Bush guys as there is, but even I don't think he knew 100 percent there were no WMDs. I think he thought there were, but he was only willing to listen to/present the evidence that supported that notion.
    I do think our going in there had very little to do with WMDs. Bush had a memo while he was still campaigning for president that asked his staff to figure out how we were going to invade Iraq. 9/11 happened and he had his opportunity. He had to go to Afghanistan first (which was the right thing to do) but he got out of there as soon as possible so he could go after the guy who tried to kill his daddy.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I just don't understand how that picture is relevant.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That's because you haven't been around long enough to realize its place in SportsJournalists.com lore.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Boy, I'm glad we had Iraq taken care of so our fearless leader could take care of problems at home.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

huh?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yuuuuuup.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, he said I was a legend, so take whatever he says with a whole lick of salt.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

When you look at T_Petty's tag line under that picture of the caskets, it comes across in an interesting way ...

12. It's still over.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/newsMaps/idUSL0139694620080501

Draft saved Draft deleted