1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five women shot in store in Illinois

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 2, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think you missed his point here. He was talking about the media's bias.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm sick about this story. The kids left without moms... it's tragic.

But I have a hard time paying attention because nobody will do anything about gun control, and it just frustrates the piss out of me, so I have to tune it out.

3. Yep, the same media that called Brittney Spears 'fat' on the awards show.

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I thought I heard a radio news report this A. M. that the idiots from Westboro Baptist Church -- the same anti-gay bunch of chronic retards who protest at military funerals -- are going to protest at the funerals of the dead women. Can't find a link though.

The reason: Lane Bryant, according to the report I heard on WBBM AM said Lane Bryant sells clothes regularly to transexuals.

Anybody hear anything about this??

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

First they have to get back from Perth, Australia, where they'll be protesting Heath Ledger's funeral. Is there anyone they don't protest these days? Tim Hardaway could die and they'd protest his funeral on the grounds that he should have done his part by beating a homosexual, not just talk bad about them.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

It is time for something very bad to happen to them.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Apparently true.

http://www.wbbm780.com/Kansas-Church-To-Picket-Tinley-Park-Victims-Funera/1614652

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Book 'em on a flight back from Sydney with these guys.

[​IMG]

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If the pregnant Marine were Beyonce-hot - and not pregnant, she'd make the news.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't know ... I remember her murder getting an awful lot of coverage in the intial days.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Re: Five women shot in store in Illinois UPDATE (Aug. 1)

Police now investigating whether concerns about her church are related to her death at the Chicago Lane Bryant store. If this turns out to be right, my thoughts about people soooo in love with their church will be less than positive.

The members of the church who might have *allegedly* done this might have skipped over "Thou Shalt Not Kill."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-storeshooting,0,1085601.story

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Exactly ... viewers like seeing pretty people; they don't like seeing themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted