1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five Things I Think I Think About Peter King's Media Day Outfit

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Everyone wears jeans nowadays, and to be honest, a lot of them look a lot better than some of the khakis I see guys wear. Note to older reporters: Stop wearing navy khakis. They never, ever look good.

As for Whitlock, the first time I saw him at a game was at the 2002 Fiesta Bowl. I thought I was underdressed, until I saw him rocking a (then still in fashion) Fubu set.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

(NSFW lyrics)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

For the record, PK was rocking this get-up when he did the Dan Patrick show on media day. 'Twas bizarre, to say the least.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It looks like King has put on the bulk of the weight he lost from a rumored stomach band.

5. Mizzougrad96

King is usually pretty well-dressed on gamedays, largely because he probably has to appear on TV in some capacity.

There are several well-known columnists who dress far worse than King is in that picture and that's for gameday when they should know better.

I can think of a certain Florida columnist, who is a brilliant writer and a Missouri graduate who I'm always left shaking my head when I see him in a T-shirt, shorts and sandals at national events, no matter what time of year it is.

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

"I don't appreciate that."
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

King looks so foppish in that photo... so 'out of it'. He looks like he's late for a flight because he stopped to buy his daughter a bag of yogurt pretzels.

I recall a lot of words penned by PK when he lost his weight.

Did he write any about how he gained it back?

8. poindexter

Joe McDonnell and Doug Krikorian, circa early 2000's.

[​IMG]

9. poindexter

Boom, any idea of the snack King is holding in his left hand?

10. Mizzougrad96

I'd heard from a friend that he had the band thing done, which apparently is the milder version of gastric bypass. He lost what seemed like about 70 pounds almost overnight. That year I saw him at the owner's meetings and he was heavy and when he came to training camp he was very, very skinny. A co-worker of mine said, "He either had surgery or is dying of cancer."

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That indeed is Philip B. Wilson of the Indy Star with PK. That's his usual outfit, too.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted