1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five Things I Think I Think About Peter King's Media Day Outfit

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's good to see that Peter is sticking to his diet.

The other guy is either Dusty Rhodes or Ken Patera.

"Other guy" looks to be holding a "Gimme Cap"

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Can someone confirm that's Joe McDonnell, minus about 150 lbs.?

3. da el g

da el g Member

the other guy is Christmas Ape from KSK, former Washington Post reporter Michael Tunison

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Look at the guy on the right in the lime green shirt. Is he standing in awe of PK?

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Where all the women at?

6. tmr

tmr Member

tunison is a little younger, and wearing a "rated rookie" t-shirt, to rival PK for being underdressed

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/54295/jerome_bettis_talks_fandemonium,_steelers_and_running_back_committees

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

So if the Twins play the Padres in the World Series, will PK's head explode?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm just surprised King (of the shills) took the sticker off the brim of his cap.

That was my first thought as well.

He had the gastric bypass surgery a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, it did not make him less of a blowhard or wannabe "FRIEND!!!!!" to athletes.

Probably, no one was talking to McDonnell, so he grabbed the only other media member who dressed like he should be pumping gas.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

But one's in the NL and the other in the AL!

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

"So this kid's at my door, pulling a big wagon loaded with old clothes, and I say to him, 'You're sending ALL that stuff to Haiti?'

"And he's telling me how he's collecting for the tornado victims, or whatever happened over there, blah blah blah, my blackberry's buzzing every two seconds, I'm waiting for several calls from Jerry Jones and possibly a Manning...and I see on the bottom of the pile, you won't believe this, an old green Packers jersey, #4! That someone is giving away! Incredible!

"And I think to myself, is anyone, ANYONE, in all of Haiti going to appreciate that jersey? So thinking fast, I point across the street and shout, 'Hey! Look over there, isn't that Troy Polamalu?! Which of course it wasn't, it was the neighbor's cleaning lady taking in the trash cans, but while the kid was racing across the street to get an autograph, I snatched the jersey! And what the heck, the kid got an autograph, right? Are you getting all this down, p-o-l-a-m...oh hell, your desk guy will know....

"So anyway, there was also this terrific Padres shirt and Twins cap, and at the last second I also noticed a pair of barely-worn Dodgers boxers, here, you gotta look at these, hold my latte..."

11. Mediator

Mediator Member

Sheer. Brilliance.

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Maybe. He's also Ian O'Connor of the Bergen Record.

Draft saved Draft deleted