1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FIU doesn't issue Miami Herald beat writer a credential

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jake_Taylor, Aug 29, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

LOL. I'm so far into your little braincase you need a Shop Vac to get me out.
    Just don't mention me or post to me, partner. Let's start there.
    I promise you I won't be hurt.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No, I'm going to keep posting about you. Might mention you, too. :-*

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the solution?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FIU probably got verbal assurances that they would get some good story placement, MH said they would cover FIU, but only if their beat writer had access. Looks like face-saving for FIU.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

FIU got what it wanted in the end: Adverse "meta-press" for the beat writer.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You can hear it from someone who's known him for 27 years -- he's an interesting dude, and I'm not saying that as euphemism. He's been doing the digressive/obsessive thing since we were writing together in college, and I think it reflects his personality and the mounds of information stuffed in his agile mind (he must be second to Donald Davidson at Indy 500 recall). It's an acquired taste for some, I know. But I also know that he works his butt off and gets his facts straight.

Draft saved Draft deleted