1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fists and baseballs flying in Dayton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cjericho, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

This is doubly bad for the Dragons: apparently Walt Jocketty was in attendance, as well.

As for Castillo, I'd be thisclose from releasing Castillo if I was part of the Cubs' player development staff. Hitting an innocent fan with a baseball is bad enough, but the fact that he was hit when you MISSED AN ENTIRE FREAKIN' DUGOUT is the spittin' image of pathetic. Jose, you're a big boy now. Control your temper like most grown-ups do.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Another new league record! In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice...

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Joey Belle had much better aim.

4. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Well, it is a felonious assault charge (the Ohio equivalent of aggravated assault), which means he will be, as the charge implies, a felon if he's convicted.

If the guy isn't officially banned from baseball, I'm sure he will be blackballed. Which means he'll end up on the indie circuit, which means he'll probably get into some more bush-league activity....

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

If he is a convicted felon, will that cause some problems getting into Canada to play games against the Jays? (or going overseas?). Aren't there some PCL teams in Canada, too?

Castillo should be released by the Chiefs/Cubs ASAP and blackballed.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If he's convicted of a felony, he will almost certainly be deported.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

This kind of decision is par for the course for the Midwest League president.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The Chiefs are scheduled to play a game at Wrigley on Tuesday, Sandberg's first game there since retiring. Too bad that won't be the storyline anymore.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know how American news networks only show foreign sports (soccer most often) when riots break out?

Well this was the first baseball highlight I had seen in a very long time on Sky Sports News from Britain today. I don't know what that says about different countries views of different sports, but it sure says something.

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Actually, George Spelius is usually very good to the umpires and very supportive of them. The move was very surprising that he didn't declare a double forfeit. I suspect the fines and suspensions will be heavy.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if i'm missing extreme sarcasm, you are a dumbass.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I thought Rick Ankiel was going to give it one last shot as a pitcher.

Draft saved Draft deleted