1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firsts in your life

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Feb 12, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I swear, I thought this thread title said "Fists in your life" when I saw it on the HP tease saying Bubbler was the last to post here. I couldn't click over here quickly enough.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Neil Young -- Wonderin'.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

And all you got was a lame Chuck Mangione reference.

I do loves me some Feels So Good though. It sounds like a Sunday morning blow job.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Jessica, on satin sheets. I remember she hit her head on the headboard a lot. I don't recommend satin sheets. They're too slippery. :D

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

First MTV song: Take On Me by A-ha.

First drunk puking: A party in college. I'd already drank about six beers, when some dude came by with a bottle of some sort of hard liquor. He held it over my head and yelled "Have a drink!" Poured some down my throat. Short while later, I ran outside and got sick. Didn't know drinking beer before liquor made you sicker.
    First job: Shoveling snow at this mansion for this old lady.

6. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

First song on MTV: Union of the Snake - Duran Duran (MTV had been around a couple of years before it was added to our cable system)
    First car: 1976 Buick LeSabre (there weren't many bigger cars made than this)
    First LP: K-Tel's 'Music Machine' (your jealousy is understandable)
    First CD: The Kinks 'Lola vs. Powerman & the Moneygoround' (looking back, kind of proud of that one)
    First concert: I believe it was the dream tour that paired Night Ranger & Starship (looking back, not so proud of that one, though they did build this city)
    First puking drunk: Just beer, a lot of beer - I had a waterbed at the time, so that didn't help
    First MLB game: Fenway Park, 1976 (I think) Red Sox vs. Twins (I think)
    First NFL game: Metrodome, 1996 (I think); season ending game for two miserable teams (Colts/Vikings)

And just so you all know, the union of the snake is on the climb...

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't remember a lot of it. It was a warm night. My mother made one of my sisters wear a dress and there was a power struggle over that.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

First time I realized there was a Theology Of Phil Collins subculture in America: tonight on the Whitney Houston thread.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wonder what "The XIth Commandment" and "Give It All You Got" sounds like.

[/RunningbeforeBriancomesinblastingthis]

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

First car -- 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra Station Wagon
    First car I owned -- 2000 Hyundai Sonata
    First tape I bought -- Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise"
    First concert -- Weird Al Yankovic
    First job -- Lifeguard at a local YMCA
    First kiss -- Sister's friend in the basement during a party in high school

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

--First song I saw on MTV: In The Air Tonight, Phil Collins, at my old college roommate's apartment in Allentown. I proceeded to watch MTV for about 12 straight hours.
    --First booze to get me puking: Mad Dog. Two of them. In about 10 minutes. Rookie mistake.
    --First car: 1969 white Camaro. Nothing special. I was never one to care about cars.
    --First job: Covering midget basketball -- including myself -- for our small-town semi-weekly at age 13.
    --First concert: Chicago, 1975, Hersheypark Arena.
    --First MLB game: Washington Senators vs. Baltimore Orioles, doubleheader at RFK Stadium in 1967. Frank Howard went batshit crazy on a first-base play in the first inning and was pitched.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think it's called little people basketball, shottie.

Draft saved Draft deleted