1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First time to Sin City approaching

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Dear God, do I love Vegas.

Not much to add, except that Miranda is worth the money.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

where does miranda work?

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

On your dick.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid. god damned solid.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

A beautiful exchange.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

For quality 'off strip' lodging try staying in Primm.

You'll never forget it.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Off Strip? That's Off Vegas.

8. Off Vegas, but on Baker. Or Searchlight. Or someplace in the middle of nowhere.

And I'll second TP's Texas Station plug. Won $300 playing BJ there last time I was in town.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ahhhh . . . the Double Down.

Local color . . . at its dirtiest.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

OK, I've read through most of the Vegas advice threads on this board, but I am now looking for a little more direct input.

Pretty standard story: four-night bachelor party with about six first timers. Trying to pick out a hotel. We want to stay on the strip.

The list, I think, is narrowed down to:

MGM (Grand Tower room for a little less than average, looks larger than avg.)

Caesers Palace (A Classic room that looks very basic for just about average)

Mandalay Bay (the 550DR room for about average)

Bellagio (Deluxe room for above average. Pretty basic room)

Mirage (Either the deluxe room for a little below average or the 2 bed room suite for above average)
    --------------

The quality of the pool is a factor. Cost is a little less of a factor (divided among six guys, the most we'll pay on this list is about $350. The least about $250). I'm not sure how much of a factor location is. I've been told it would be a pain to get down to Caesers and Bellagio or to the kind of night clubs we will want to be going to if we stay as far as Mandalay Bay. At the same time, its pool looks amazing. Mirage seems to be right in the middle of things. Both it and the MGM seem to have good pools, good deals and good location. Caesers too, really.

Is it tough or expensive to get around the strip? Is there enough going on around Mandalay Bay, or will we be making a lot of trips back and forth from the more center strip area?

Literally everyone I talk to tells me different things. Looking for some fresh advice. I suspect there's not really all that much difference among those I've narrowed it down to.

Thanks.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of your possibilities.
    Mandalay Bay and its awesome pool is the southernmost and a bit of a hike to the Bellagio-Mirage-Caesars area. Cabs are plentiful and probably $10-$15 to get to the heart of the Strip.
    There is a free tram from Mandalay Bay to the Excalibur, which is kitty-corner across the street from MGM (as well as being across the street from NYNY and Tropicana. Don't bother with the Trop). It also stops at the Luxor on the way. So it's easy to get to and from.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Must go the the Double Down.
    Near the Hard Rock.

Draft saved Draft deleted