1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First there was "Rocky Balboa" ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, May 21, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's the bloodiest trailer I've ever seen. Bloodier than Hostel.

And it will be a horrible movie. If this was not John Rambo and instead John Smith, would anyone watch it?

He must die at the end of this one.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Pocahontas wouldn't.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, so it wasn't just me that was surprised to see such a graphic trailer. Shooting that one guy to pieces, it looked like something out of a video game.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was cool.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

How dare you, you Pussy_Eatan Cockdian charmion.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It was also the funniest trailer I've seen in a long, long time. Wow.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I can honestly say I liked the last two Rocky's (I lose track of numbers so -- the one with Tommy Morrison and this latest one) far better than the one where he beats Carl Weathers, the one with Carl Weathers, the Russian one.

If I had to rank them (I think there were six, correct), I'd have Rocky Balboa as the second best one behind the first one. The worst one had to be the one with the Russian guy, who could like punch a hole in a tank but couldn't knock out Rocky despite landing about 300 of his direct punches to the head.

8. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Don't hate yourself, Willie, and don't ever let the douche patrol on this board make you think this movie will not kick ass.

It will. And anyone who says otherwise has watched too many Hugh Grant flicks to have a valid opinion.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And just for the record, I loved Rambo I, II and III so I'm sure I'll be in the seats at the local cinemas the first day Rambo IV comes out.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or maybe it will suck. That doesn't mean the original doesn't kick ass. It means this is probably the same old shit, except Sly is older and this one looks a bit bloodier.

11. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Personally, I'm waiting for "Deke DaSilva"

Maybe "Robert Hatch"

Draft saved Draft deleted