1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First there was "Rocky Balboa" ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, May 21, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Dear God, man. See it, but don't spend money on it. Buy a laser pointer for Murph. Just as entertaining. No, wait, moreso. Especially if the baby joins in the fun.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I was hoping it'd be a Van Damme remake of Bloodsport or something. One of Forest Whitaker's finest roles.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

That's one of those movies that I have to stop and watch every time it's one. Pure classic, though not really in a good way.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Good God. This looks like absolute crap, like a grindhouse trailer without an iota of fun. Whatever credibility Stallone got back with the latest Rocky is as good as gone.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's not cred Sly is after. It's $$$$$

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Could be worse.

Could be JOHN RAMBO WILL BE UNLEASHED

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

GAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Thanks for reminding us how good we've got it.

I'd like to see Rambo join Jack Bauer. That'd be pretty cool.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll watch it.

9. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Sly needs the money to replace the steroids that were confiscated in Australia. If the steroids problem was taken more seriously by society, Stallone's career would be finished. Why isn't he getting the same treatment as Jason Giambi, who some people want to see thrown out of baseball? Is it OK for everyone except athletes to juice?

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

There's no competition aspect, where Stallone is directly competing with his peers in a movie, where steroids give him that advantage in an arena that is supposed to be "fair." Not the same.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

:D ;D :D

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow. I missed that, earlier. Just wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted