1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First, the return of Loverboy. Then Def Leppard. Not to be outdone ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 28, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Will that comeback work? Only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And end in A! They broke that tradition last time around.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Tickets on sale now ... Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick on one bill. In the 70s, and into the 80s, this would have been fantastic.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I want to see Neal Schon leave Journey for a Santana reunion

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I saw the same show last summer, only it was Reo Speedwagon instead of foreigner.

I honestly thought Def Leppard was the best of the three but that Styx and Reo Speedwagon weren't coming back.

As for Whitesnake -- I've always thought they were one of the least relevant and least talented of the hair bands and would argue we'd not even know who they were if it weren't for the video with the chick rolling around on the hood of the car......

Also about the only person from that genre was that a little more creepy than David Coverdale was Kip Winger, which isn't a surprise given his group's biggest hit was an admission that he's a pedophile.......

That being said, I'd go see Whitesnake in concert depending on who they are with.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Opening act: Tawny Kitaen against Chuck Finley in a cage.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Have been giving On Through the Night some heavy play in the last week. Tons of great tunes on there, in addition to the 2 you mentioned:

Overture
    It Don't Matter
    Sorrow is a Woman

And my vote for the two best tunes on the album:

Satellite (which to me serves as a preview to what was to come on Pyromania and Hysteria).

Wasted (my fave tune on the album with the short, stuttering guitar notes followed by an extended guitar riff.)

On my Top 10 all time albums list.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Here's another scary concert trio --- Poison with Dokken and Sebastian Bach

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

They probably made the decision to reform in the heat of the moment.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Booooooooooooo!!!

(Missed out on your chance to see Asia? Don't cry. They'll tour again next year.)

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time coming to grips with Asia singing the following lyic from "Heat of the Moment".

"And now you find yourself in '82."

Well, yes some of us did find ourselves in '82. A quarter fuckin' century ago. Then, there are some who weren't even here in '82 and can't really speak for what '82 was like. Hello, boys, let me introduce you to 2008.

Rock and roll of my youth morphs into Spinal Tap more and more very day (not that it didn't bear a striking resemblance back then). Perhaps the truest line in that movie in our current times would be (I amy be paraphrasing a bit, so apologies in advance):

'So, is this end or are you gonna milk it in Europe a bit more?

Draft saved Draft deleted