1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First the BCS screws Texas Christian...now it's costing me readers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

In my little corner of Oregon, I took a little creative license with my headline, and I'm waiting for perhaps an e-mail or two to tell me what a doofus I am.

Creative might be a generous choice of words. In fact, I'm sure it is. Doofus license. Yeah, that's it.

flexmaster, just trying to draw some heat away from you, brother. :)

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Yeah, I don't get why the OP is complaining. He knew exactly what he was doing.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Most Oregon fans are broke from buying replicas of all the damn uniforms they wear.

God bless Penn State for staying bland and ugly, but at least the same.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He would have the TCU players, in uniform and pads, and armed with steel chairs, invade the title game and start whacking both the Oregon and Auburn players.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

What's the BCS got to do with the WWE?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nothing. The WWE has a legitimate process of determining a champion.

7. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

I just thought it was interesting to have back-to-back voice mails so passionate on opposite sides of the issue.

8. And you would know this how?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

WWE has "triple-threat" title matches

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Penn State's one of the better-looking teams in the country.

11. highlander

highlander Member

That's your opinion. Which you are entiltled too. But you have no proof TCU would get an ass-whipping. You probably thought that before Bama' played Utah in the Sugar Bowl. I sure didn't see two dominating teams play in the BCS title game this year. No one will ever know how good TCU was.

12. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Exactly Highlander...it's a sham of a system...some people give way too much credit to teams in the power conferences.

Oregon's nonleague opponents this year combined for a pathetic 8-27 (.229) record, so basically they rallied to beat Stanford (the only other ranked Pac-10 team at the end of the year) for a spot in the title game.

TCU's nonleague opponents combined for a 24-26 (.480) record, the best out-of-conference strength of schedule among the three unbeatens. And that doesn't include their Rose Bowl win over Wisconsin, who many also thought would run over the Horned Frogs no problem.

Really, we can get to an 8-or 16-team playoff in D-I?
    Check all the lower levels, they have even bigger brackets than that. I guess, the NCAA deems it okay for those kids to miss class time...but the Cam Newton's of the world can't miss too many days of Pyschology 101...give me a break?

Draft saved Draft deleted