1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First season of The Wire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 11, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Unlike the Sopranos, I think the Wire will work without the graphic violence.

It's emphasis is on the systemic, not the aberrant.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

DD and Zeke were the hell were you two on the thread after the season 4 finale? I kept waiting for DD to post some 500 word analysis and review that are always so entertaining and enlightening, and nothing? What's up with that man?

3. Msaint

Msaint Member

Anyone know when Season 4 comes out on DVD?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My bet would be this fall, absolute earliest.

However, I'd hold off releasing it until the launch of season 5.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We both waited until the actual air date to watch it, while the thread on here flamed up and died out shortly after it was first available on HBO OnDemand.

My short thoughts: I'm not sure my analysis could do the finale justice. It was that good.

6. I picked up all 3 seasons on DVD from Best Buy.
    They had a half-off sale on Xmas Eve.
    All three delivered for $106.

7. Boobie Miles

Fair enough I guess, and am no way am I criticizing you for not posting something on a message board -- in fact it's just the opposite, I wish you two had because I enjoy your takes on the show -- but I didn't watch the finale until it's air date either and that thread was going for at least a day or two after and there were some good theories and ideas floating around that I figured you guys would have added to. Again, in on way take this as a negative, I just was surprised that DD and you didn't have a lot to say (at least on this board) about that unreal finale.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Boobie,

I was having, essetially, one of the worst, most stressful work weeks of my life during the airing of the final. I really did want to share my thoughts, because I definitely enjoyed the interplay we all had going each week, but by the time I was finally in a situation where I felt like I could breathe again and really pound out some thoughts, more than a week had passed since the show aired. I didn't want to come off as pretentious, saying "I know you were all waiting for my thoughts, and here they are!" since the thread was on about page 11 by then. But I'd still be willing to put together my thoughts about the final if anyone's interested, and if Zeke would do the same, so it's not the Look At Double Down show.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sure, DD.

Don't know when I'll get to it, but I'll try and rewatch the finale sometime here over the weekend.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How about we do a big Wire to Date thread, and everyone -- including those just catching up on DVD -- can contribute.

Obviously, there would be spoilers, but we could tage our posts as such, or something.

11. Boobie Miles

Anything that keeps the show on the first page of this thread is fine with me. DD I obviously understand that work can get in the way of this board, no big deal. I just wanted someone to drive by your house make sure everything was ok, because I couldn't believe you hadn't posted anything on the finale. Good to know you're still with us.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Honestly, I felt the same way when Fenian Bastard didn't post anything after the final episode of the West Wing. I was legitimately worried about him. So I completely understand. It is a testament to both those shows and the enjoyment we both get from reading this site.

Draft saved Draft deleted