1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First season of The Wire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 11, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

On BET right now. First episode tonight. It's on most nights at 1 a.m. (eastern)

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Tivo set.

Looking forward to the Snot Boogie intro later tonight.

"This America, man."

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

One of the best scenes in all four seasons. Brilliantl

And, according to Simon, based on a real incident.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you've always wondered why a select group of people who frequent this board are so pyscho about this show, this is your chance to see what all the fuss is about.

Best show in the history of television. One episode might not suck you in, but give it three episodes or four, and you'll be hooked forever.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How much do they clean it up for TV? It's interesting to see the channel that made $3 billion for Bob Johnson by showing bootie videos 24/7, cleaning anything up.

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I can't watch it (or the Sopranos) without the language intact.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

You're damn right, it's a great show. I recently started watching it on DVD -- just finished the second season.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Keep spreading the Gospel, DD.

Perhaps we can make Wire viewership a tenet of the Church of Horny and BBJ.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My 18 year old son is a huge fan of the show. Favorite character: Omar.

He and his buddy walk around going, "Omar coming.....Omar coming..." Funny as hell.

Bought him "The Corner" for Christmas.

10. How is the Corner? Worth getting?

I don't have HBO, but in the past few months have watched the first three seasons of The Wire and am truly obsessed. Can't wait til season 4 is on dvd. Was going to join HBO this month, actually, but it's no longer ON Demand.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We bought the first three seasons on DVD last night from amazon.com. It's a pretty penny, but it's worth it. This show is one of the best on TV right now.

12. All they take out is the nudity and f-bombs. Everything else (shit, asshole, etc.) is left in.

Draft saved Draft deleted