1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First round upsets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 17, 2008.

1. chester

chester Member

I don't know. But I remember a guy I worked with at the Kentucky student paper calling Steve Masiello the "human victory cigar" in a story about the Cats' SEC Tournament win in 1997, and Masiello came down and confronted him about it. Funniest thing I ever saw, because it was 100 percent true.

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

In the words of Andy Bernard, "Nailed it."

[/upstatenewyorkfanboy]

3. I have K-State in the Sweet Sixteen. I think they're better than Wisconsin,too.

I have one of those pools, though, where you get more points for selecting upsets. It seems to favor people who actually know basketball more than the traditional pools, because in this kind, you can kind of get a handle on which teams are over- and under-seeded and handicap thusly. You won't hit every time, but if you pick Siena, as I did, or K-State, as I did, you can end up in pretty good shape.

The 8-9 games are enormous, as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted