1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First round upsets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 17, 2008.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

I'm going to take Kan State over USC and Kentucky over Marquette. Anyone see a serious 13-16 upset?

2. Georgia over Xavier

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My only prediction is that the guys closest to the end of the bench will be the most animated during the games and as a result, get the most TV exposure.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

I've got KSU as well........waffled back and fro on KY and Marquette.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I also have K-State, and I kind of like Winthrop over Wazzu. I guess I hate the Pac-10.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My only prediction is that Dick Vitale will be cheerleading for his favorite coaches.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not sure if a 10-7 is upset territory, but I love St. Mary's over Miami.
    Winthrop is also one to keep an eye on against Washington State in a 13-4 game, and almost all of the 12-5 games raise an eyebrow.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Oh, I also like St. Joe's over Oklahoma, if you're into No. 11 seeds.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I got Valpo over Washington, Rider over Old Dominion and Brown over Ohio.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

From 11-seeds on down, I got Boise State over Louisville, Georgia over the X-Men, Temple over Sparty, and Baylor over Purdue.

11. As a Mizzou alum, I always apply the Mizzou corollary and eliminate teams that lost to the Tigers as early as possible. Thus, USC beats K=State, Baylor beats Purdue and Texas falls in the Sweet 16 (only because I can't see AP, Miami or St. Mary's beating them though I think St. Mary's gives them a good shot). I like all of the 10 seeds if you even count those as upsets anymore.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Passing up Richmond over Virginia?

Draft saved Draft deleted