1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Love Second Chance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else seen this show on TV Land? The premise is that a couple that was in young love, then parted, come together a decade or two later, spend three days at each other's home turf, meet each other's best friends, then decide if they want to give things a new try.

I've seen two of the three episodes. One was a cute couple that you knew would get back together; he proposed marriage to her on a beach. The other, you could tell wasn't going to work cause the guy was a jerk. Not scintillating TV, but not bad. Kinda like the milf model competition on TV Land last year, She's Got the Look; whole is a bit greater than the sum of the parts.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Haven't seen the show, but it sounds like how my aunt and uncle got hitched.

They dated in high school, went their separate ways in college. Each got married, then divorced, caught up at the 15-year reunion and got hitched a few months later.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My first ex and I could do this show, except we float into and out of each other's lives enough that I don't think it would really be a surprise about what our lives now are like.

4. dooley_womack1

This could be a record thread....for lowest ratio of responses to views.

I couldn't do this show; I never got the name of that gal in the JC Penney catalog I saw when I was 13.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

This is exactly what my life is all about right now.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Interesting idea. There are a couple of former loves I'd like to try this with, but not my first. Piss on her, lol.

7. dooley_womack1

That'd be R. Kelly's reality show

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I watched the other night - It was a guy from West Virginia with a Ewe.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

And there's a ball headed for McCovey Cove..... :)

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I always thought the African women in National Geographic were pretty hot back in the day. I am reminded of them when I see salami at the deli counter.

11. dooley_womack1

Saw the second installment in repeat tonight. The friends on both sides were a bunch of jerks. I'm glad they did decide to give things a try, tho he's batting way out of his league.

12. dooley_womack1

Saw the most recent episode, matching a skateboard company owner in Huntington Beach, and an author in Atlanta. The author kinda had a stick up her ass, and when she made the guy sleep in the adjacent trailer one night, I wasn't hopeful. Back in Cali, he made her see his therapist. The only one in which I guessed the wrong outcome.

Draft saved Draft deleted