1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Forsberg, now Sundin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cansportschick, May 1, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

What is the state of NHL hockey players from Sweden next season? :eek: First of all, there a speculation that Peter Forsberg has played his last game in the NHL and he will stay home in Sweden. Now a story has surfaced that Mats Sundin needs hip surgery. There is speculation that he too could be done in the NHL because he may not fully recover from the surgery like Mogilny and Lemieux.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007/05/01/nhl-mapleleafs-sundin.html

Do you all think Forsberg and Sundin are done in the NHL?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Sundin story is crap says the Leafs. Normally I never believe a quarter of what those guys say but since Steve Simmons of the Sun wrote the story, I'll be willing to believe Ferguson.

Simmons only has a fleeting relationship with facts.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The status of Swedes in the NHL is fine. I'd like to introduce you to the Sedin's, Markus Naslund, Nicklas Lidstrom, Henrik Zetterberg, Andreas Lilja, Mattias Norstrom, Sami Pahlsson, Daniel Alfredsson, Henrik Lundquist and others.

In fact, looking it up on NHL.com, every team still in the playoffs has at least one Swede on its roster.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

GB, I'll grant you every one you mentioned except the Sedin Sisters.

Soft, soft, soft.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So that's why they were 1-2 in Canucks scoring this season while leading all Canucks forwards in average ice-time.

Daniel led the team in goals (36), Henrik had 71 assists in the regular season, fourth in the league.

But toughness gets you everwhere

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

JR you obviously don't watch a lot of Canucks hockey. That label is tired, if you watched them you would see they don't get knocked off the puck like they used to. They've matured physically. Are they bangers of course not but calling them the "sisters" shows complete ignorance or that you live in the East.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

CANUCKISTAN-OFF!

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

JR vs JC at the JLC, with commentary by JDV. Sponsored by JRC Newspapers. JV game to follow.

Draft saved Draft deleted