1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First football Friday ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Aug 26, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Helmets.

Yeah.

Helmets are cool. ;)

I think our ride's going to be over in the first week of December or thereabouts, unless the city school totally plays up to its potential. Nothing else I can see on the horizon.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

ouch. i feel your pain.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

We're dealing with a new SE, so we had a few issues. But the last page was only three minutes late and won't happen next week.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Like others, we're getting started next Friday. LOVE it...everything about it.

I can't wait for the rivalries, the "if it wasn't for my offensive line" player quotes, and more than likely, a bloodbath of epic proportions (local team plays non-section game at Southern Columbia :eek: :eek:).

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We just went through our second week, but I haven't covered a game yet. All I've done is the previews for both weeks. Next week I'll get to cover my first game of the season, one of our local teams that racked up 620 rushing yards last night in a 48-15 win over a county rival.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just what it sounds like: a timeout for a waterbreak midway thru each quarter for the first four weeks of the season.

7. Stupid

Stupid Member

First football Friday was last week.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Not in every state. And endowment week doesn't really count.

9. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Nothing horrendously bad. I layout and had to cover a game, so that was the usual fun. Breaking in some new people, so that went as expected.

10. Stupid

Stupid Member

It does if you're covering the games and we did.

11. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I took the night off. We only had a couple of Illinois prep games and a couple of Iowa games. Next week is when all hell breaks loose, and we have a full slate of games.

We were able to avoid weather delays, but a bunch of games north of here were delayed more than an hour because of lightning.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sept. 1 kickoff here.

This one-man sports department is adding yet another school to the coverage area, so now it's 4 football games per week. How I'll do tha I just don't know.

Cadet, wanna string a few games for me? ;-)

Draft saved Draft deleted