1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Democratic debate tonight! Who will win??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Apr 26, 2007.

?

Who "wins" (outright or via expecations) the Democrat's debate tonight?

1. Hillary

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Barack

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Edwards

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But you're talking about politics on this thread, right?

Or you're talking completely out your ass?

Say it isn't so!

2. It's April of 2007.
    I don't CARE who "wins" or "loses" one of these television shows.

3. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Dude,

What are you talking about???

Part of politics, part of leadership is doing the right thing that is not always the popular thing at the time.

That is why we have a Republic and not straight democracy to get a step away from straight mob rule or popularity contests as the Founding Father's knew that this would have disastrous results.

People like real leadership & principals which is why we don't like blatant flip-floppers like Kerry, Romney, etc.

Moreover, what is popular today may not be popular tomorrow. Hence, a good politician calculates that. When Barack was against the war that was not popular. the few members of congress that did not vote for that authorization took a lot of heat at the time. How do they look now?

Right, things change.

Similarly, Reagan's aggressive buildups & posture vis-a-vis the Soviet menace was unpopular globally at the time. How does it look now? the answer Genius as we now know conclusively (from the Soviets and others) that this was a prime reason for the end of the cold war and freedom for Eastern Europe.

Reagan did the right thing.

That is leadership within the realm of politics.

Due to his standing up and taking the heat at the time he benefited America and the Republican party for generations.

JDV

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, I do. I don't want my favorite voted off the island.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's all fine and good, but it's not going to get you elected. Being a leader running for office is a lot different from being a leader in office.

Once you get elected you can take unpopular stands, not before.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ever notice you never see JDV and Stoob post on the same thread? Hmmm.....

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What do you expect from a minority identity.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This is going to be a busy television night for me. Red Bull will be on ESPN2. Yankees will be on YES. The Devils open the second round.

I just don't see where these debates fit into the schedule.

9. John D. Villarreal

Ha ha ha, nice!

Look Dems/libs here is the deal - tonight is huge.

MSNBC is running coverage ALL DAY because its big for the left (and NBC is hosting)

IF Obama or Edwards can expose HIllary or make her look less attractive/electable this race gets wide open with Obama looking like the leader. If Obama stumbles or Hillary looks strong she gets a stranglehold on this race.

Make no mistake tonight is very important

JDV

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You want Hillary to get a stranglehold, don't you JDV?

11. John D. Villarreal

Yes, she is the easiest to beat with sky-high negatives that continue to climb and eroding support from the left, while she really energizes the right.

However, what I want & what I think will happen are not the same thing.

I see tonight as a toss-up which makes it exciting. Strengths & weaknesses with dif tactics/angles on all sides!

Great fun!

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I think Hillary gives JDV a boner.

Draft saved Draft deleted