1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Democratic debate tonight! Who will win??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Apr 26, 2007.

?

Who "wins" (outright or via expecations) the Democrat's debate tonight?

1. Hillary

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Barack

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Edwards

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

The first Democratic debate will be held tonight in South Carolina.

This is the first time we will see the top candidates square off on the same stage.

Who will win?

Who will dissappoint?

Does Hillary come out stronger or diminished? Does the would-be Empress have any clothes?

What about the new-found talent Barack Obama? Does he continue his meteoric rise, or is it stalled when facing real questions on a national stage and opposition from his more seasoned rivals?

Then there is Edwards he has stealthily crafted a strong dark horse position and has eeked into a 20% showing in the polls. How does he do tonight & where does he go afterwards?

Who will win, who has the momentum, who has the most to gain/lose tonight, and how does the race shape up/change after tonight?

Let's break it down & place your bets because there are going to be fireworks tonight!!

John D. Villarreal

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

When did he start posting in multiple colors? And will he stop?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Who's Barrack Obama? Or Barrak?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Honestly, I'd expect more action in the Red Wings-Sharks game. No-one's going to show their teeth tonight.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He DID use blue in his ending... maybe his name is sarcastic

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You will, John.

And try spelling Senator Obama's name correctly, will you?

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's about 10 months too early for ANY of this debate nonsense.

Candidates, stay in Washington and DO THE JOB FOR WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN ELECTED, not the job for which you hope to be elected.

8. John D. Villarreal

Sorry, I don't play by your rules or those silly "this color means this - aren't we clever (not)" games.

I put in the colors because I am patriotic & it is political season- thus the red, white & blue theme.

JDV

9. I'm just thankful he signs his post. Otherwise, we would have no idea.

10. John D. Villarreal

GB, I disagree.

I have my theories, but as Rush says once I say what I think often there is nothing left to say as the answer is plain.

Thus, I wanted to hear what other's thought that vote on the other side of the isle as they have a "horse in that race" and some inside info/insight to see if I was missing something and get all the angles.

Here is a hint as to what I think:

I don't see the game tonight as being negative or getting that "sound-bite zinger"

Rather, it will be the image comparison and presence contrast via the top three. If Hillary does not look dominant and Barack can command the stage as well, or simply makes viewers more comfortable she is in big trouble. Conversely if he stumbles or can get tripped up by Hillary or Brian Williams then that's a problem for him.

On the side, there is Edwards can he establish himself as the viable alternative to those two & how does he do that.

That should give you the right direction to follow/hunt on.

I disagree with some posters I think this first debate...this first real impression is CRITICAL to the race and the donors/powerbrokers.

John

11. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

White was actually typed in black. For what it's worth.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm not sure which is funnier: That "white" is typed in black, or that the eyes of the world will be on ... Orangeburg?!?!?!

Draft saved Draft deleted