1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First day of school

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Emily is the spitting image of Uma -- thankfully -- and not me. So the gifted is for having a freaky smart brain, not a dorky idiot brain.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outstanding!

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

This is my first no first day of school in 17 years. I kinda miss it :-\

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Never miss the first day of school. It's the feeling of the last day, especially graduation, that I miss.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Dear Sept. 4,

Hurry. The fuck. Up.

Sincerely,
    The Mustardfamily

6. joe

joe Active Member

Try living directly across the street from a middle school. I usually have to pull out in front of some minivan driving soccer mom so I can get to work while yelling YOU FUCKING PEOPLE NEED TO GET OUT OF MY WAY, thankyouverymuch.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Dear Mustardfamily,

What? You don't like me?

Sincerely,
    Summer

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Summer,

Do I still love you? Yes. Just not as much as I love the chance to have three uninterrupted seconds of peace and quiet.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Of course, those who flunk out of the gifted program get sent back to their original group, where they are officially "regifted."

[/seinfeld]

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Aren't there rules that they can't live within so many yards/feet/blocks of an elementary school? Or are they within the legal boundary being that close?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Depends on the state.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

parents -- mostly mothers iin my town -- seem freaked to let kids walk anywhere. sad sign of the times, imo, considering our town is incredibly safe. we call it "mayberry," for crying out loud. but heaven forbid kids walk these mean streets. what sheltered wimps we're raising, imo.

Draft saved Draft deleted