1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First date, post-divorce.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I found it so much easier the second (and third) time around. I was able to cut through all the shit.

I don't know what Moddy's doing to make it so awkward and difficult. :D

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I could not love this more.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  3. typefitter

It's actually kind of fun dating at an age when you're not a complete doof with women. I feel like I'm in the genius phase of Flowers for Algernon.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If she has a kid with Asberger's, just smile and nod a lot.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I suspect a lot of my skeevyness is that however hard I try, I can't help but think of it from the perspective of the 25-year-old single guy I was when I got together with MommaQuant. We, like all couples, had to scrap through a whole lotta shit over the years to make things work. So I inevitably begin thinking of going through all that stuff again -- which is silly, I know -- and my mind just freezes.

Yeah, I could see that. Maybe at my age, with my experience, I'd be only a 95% doof ... helluva improvement over my early years!

6. typefitter

I could not have been more awkward around girls when I was 15; I was only quarter-competent at 25; I finally felt comfortable around women at 35; I'm hoping at 45, I become some kind of superhero. I would like to wear a cape.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm told certain ... coats ... are de rigueur.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’ve gotten considerably less good-looking since I had kids.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Donny in his element likes this.
  9. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

It's Cartier-Bresson-level capturing of the moment. I was at -$3400 at one point and clawed my way up to $600 with less than a minute to play. Then I decided to start gunning for second place so I foolishly rang in on a $1000 clue and got it wrong then the out-of-time buzzer went off.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I give ex a bunch of damn credit.
    Indian food on a first date is really ballsy. HOMEMADE Indian Food is a whole different size of ballsy. That could turn trouser-chili bad in an instant.
    That being said, she has basically told you that one of two things is going to happen tonight......either you're getting laid, or she'll be passed out on the couch by 8:00.
    The first 4 + pages of this thread have been beautiful.
    Who knew Moddy was so weird?......."And....here comes the 2-1......"

Tweener and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who knew? Anyone who knows me. Weird and clueless but having a good time bumbling along (and finding tats in strange places)

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Do you have all the framed photos of you with local celebrities tastefully arranged?

Draft saved Draft deleted